PRETORIENS!! PRETORIENS!! Index du Forum FAQ Rechercher Membres Groupes Profil S’enregistrer Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés Connexion
What makes a person a celebrity/famous?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    PRETORIENS!! Index du Forum -> PRETORIENS!! -> **LES MEMBRES**
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
jennermack

MessagePosté le: Mer 18 Avr - 15:25 (2018)    Sujet du message: What makes a person a celebrity/famous? Répondre en citant

Just been pondering this tonight and this week, due to various TV programmes and other stuff.
Watching 'Art School' on BBC2 this week, I got cross with people who were doing better than me (I am an artist :rolleyes: ) purely by their name and the controversy surrounding their name.
Watching 'Who wants to be a millionaire' tonight, (yes..it is a Saturday night in for me 
), I was heart warmed seeing Frederick Forsyth doing well. A guy who does not usually play on his celeb status, and is a famous author, yet had his first book 'The day of the Jackal' rejected numourous times by publishers..until one took him on. And then the rest is history.
Watching 'The X-Factor,' I saw people who are going for celeb status through the 'Reality TV' route, and good luck to them. Some are very talented. But is that 'the right' fame? (I love reality shows btw...so am just being devils advocate on this one.)
And watching the English cricketers on Monday, winning back the Ashes, slogging their hearts out, these guys did it through sheer dedication and hard work, in sport...a goal they had aimed for for years.
So what makes celebrity/fame in your eyes?
Do you admire someone who took their chance and got it? Or someone who worked as hard as they could, and made it after a hard path, or someone who gets celebrity after something controversial they may do, or someone who gets fame purely for being in the right place at the right time? 

I, for one would like to do it down the cricketer/Frederick route (not that I want to be famous...just being hypothetical). 

I would rather do it through a talent than just be know for something else. But that is just me. I cannot deny I like watching these programmes where people achieve fame through just being themselves or being 'different'...(Lizzie Bardsley in 'Wife Swap' springs to mind as does Damien Hirst for being 'way out' on his art work and therefore causing a stir).
What is fame and celebrity nowdays to you? And do you resent people who get fame via the less conventional routes?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/281508/what-makes-a-person-a-celebrity-famous
Cloud Solution Video

Thanks!

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 18 Avr - 15:25 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    PRETORIENS!! Index du Forum -> PRETORIENS!! -> **LES MEMBRES** Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation